Villani Jewellers has developed a set of company policies that reflects the high standards of customer service and workmanship we provide along with our commitment to sustainable practices.
Please follow the links to read more about our policies:
Custom Made Jewellery
At Villani Jewellers we make all our jewellery to the highest standard of workmanship. As a testament to our exceptional quality, all our jewellery is backed by a lifetime guarantee against faults in materials and workmanship.
If your Villani Jewellers purchase has a manufacturing fault, please inform us and return your piece as soon as possible for inspection. Items that are covered by the guarantee will be repaired at no charge, provided the item has not been:
- Damaged due to mishandling or inappropriate use (exposing your jewellery to hard blows, rough work, heavy sporting activities, etc).
- Altered, resized, engraved or repaired by any party other than Villani Jewellers.
- Damage caused by a failure to obtain repairs required to maintain the integrity of the item.
Items that are not covered will be quoted for repair.
Instore or Online Purchases
The Villani Jewellers Lifetime Guarantee does not apply to third party products.
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from Villani Jewellers and all items purchased online or instore are covered by Australian Consumer Law.
In accordance with Australian Consumer Law, our goods come with the consumer guarantee that they must be of acceptable quality. That is to say that our products must be:
- Safe, lasting, with no faults
- Look acceptable
- do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of acceptable quality and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. More details about your rights can be found on the Australian Consumer Commission website.
Villani Jewellers will pay for any return shipping costs if the return is the result of our error or the item is damaged or defective. The item will need to be assessed by our Quality Assurance team and an appropriate remedy will be offered. Please contact us by phone or email to discuss any issues with your product.
Return & Exchange Policy
We stand behind the quality and craftsmanship of our products and are committed to achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
We offer a 14-day return policy on online purchases and ready-to-wear jewellery (excluding special order items). If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it within 14 days for an exchange or full refund. However, we do not offer exchanges or refunds for any item that has been engraved or customised in anyway, or for any design that is excluded from our free resizing policy (see Resizing Policy below).
Our custom-made jewellery pieces are non-returnable and non-refundable, and an order cannot be cancelled after a deposit has been paid.
If you are returning an item, you will be able to exchange or claim a full refund subject to the following terms:
- Your purchase must be returned within 14 days of your receipt of the item. For online purchases, the 14 days commences on the day your package is delivered to the destination address.
- You must return your purchase prior to any resizing.
- The jewellery piece must be returned unworn in its original condition. Each piece will be inspected by our Quality Assessment team.
- Your item must be returned with all the original packaging and accompanying materials, including the invoice and all diamond certificates. Any returns which are not accompanied with the original packaging and paperwork will not be processed.
Please contact us for return requests and instructions. Please provide your name, address, order number and reason for return.
Returns and exchanges are only accepted for unworn, unaltered items in the original packaging.
We may, at our discretion, accept items for exchange or credit note if returned under the same conditions. If the original sales receipt is not available, (e.g. the product was received as a gift or the original receipt has been misplaced by you), we may, at our discretion, offer an exchange only so long as the item is returned in its original condition and with all original packaging.
Returns will only be accepted with a return authorisation number clearly labelled on the package.
Approved returns will be credited for the purchase price of your item. We do not refund shipping charges. Return shipping and insurance is the responsibility of the client. For return on items that were shipped under our free shipping option, you will be credited the purchase price of the item less the shipping and insurance charges we incurred to ship your order.
The client is responsible for any and all shipping charges on any undeliverable packages.
Villani Jewellers does not accept returns on any merchandise that has been worn or with any tags removed.
Engraved pieces are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged.
Please allow 10 business days for your return to be processed once the item has been received by our returns department.
Villani Jewellers offers one free resize for all our custom-made rings and most products sold via our online or boutique stores.
Villani Jewellers must be contacted regarding the resize within 60 days from the date of collection at our studios or, for online purchases, from the day the package was delivered to the destination address. Any resizing required outside this time frame may incur a charge.
Most resizes can be done within two weeks. However, complicated designs may require additional time. Please let us know if your resize is particularly urgent and we will try to accommodate your deadline.
The following rings are not covered by our free resizing policy and will incur a charge if resized (some of these designs can’t be resized and need to be remade):
- Rings that need to be changed more than three sizes bigger or smaller.
- Rings made of titanium, zirconium and similar metals.
- Rings with diamonds and/or gemstones set the whole way around the ring.
- Rings that can’t be resized due to the nature of the design.
- Designs that can result in stones coming loose and/or falling out due to being resized including rings with stones set on the inside of the ring.
- Unconventionally shaped rings, e.g. TV shaped rings and fitted wedding bands.
- Rings with patterns, textures, milgrain or engraving, which may need to be redone (unless there is a blank section specifically for resizing).
- Russian wedding rings.
If you need your ring resized, we strongly recommend that you visit our boutique to have your finger measured by a member of our friendly team. If you are unable to visit our boutique, we can post you a ring sizing gauge to measure your finger. Please note that this method is more open to user error and may not be as accurate as having your finger sized at our boutique. If an incorrect size is given to us and the ring requires additional resizing, each subsequent resize will incur an additional cost.
Our quotes remain valid for 7 days.
Our quoted prices are in some cases based on an estimated number of stones. The final price will depend on the actual number of stones used.
Quotes for any diamonds or gemstones that need to be imported are subject to change. If the relevant exchange rate changes by more than 2% from the date of the quote, your quote will be void and we will update the quote based on the new exchange rate.
For repairs, Villani Jewellers is not responsible for problems that may occur as a result of poor quality materials and/or poor workmanship of any non-Villani items. Additional charges may apply if complications arise during a repair.
Whilst we seek to keep our website as up to date as possible, on rare occasions, an item purchased via our website may be unavailable as it may have been sold in our boutique. In the unlikely event that you have ordered an item online which is not available, we will contact you immediately and recommend a suitable alternative. If we are unable to provide you an item of similar quality, we will offer a full refund.
Design Change Policy Our ultimate objective is to make sure you are happy with your piece of jewellery. We recognise that it can be difficult to visualise how the finished piece will look and that some design changes might be required along the way to achieve exactly what you want. For this reason, we give you the opportunity to make small changes to the design before any stones are set, without incurring additional costs. There are a number of (minor) alterations that are included in our service, such as changing the finger size (see our Resizing Policy for further details), making edges more rounded, reducing the width of a ring, etc. However, if the changes are significant or the piece has to be remade, you may incur additional charges. Once an item has been finished to the requested specifications, further changes may incur additional charges. Please note that any customisation of a design will exclude it from our 30 day return policy. After Sale Service
Our ultimate objective is to make sure you are happy with your piece of jewellery. We recognise that it can be difficult to visualise how the finished piece will look and that some design changes might be required along the way to achieve exactly what you want. For this reason, we give you the opportunity to make small changes to the design before any stones are set, without incurring additional costs.
There are a number of (minor) alterations that are included in our service, such as changing the finger size (see our Resizing Policy for further details), making edges more rounded, reducing the width of a ring, etc. However, if the changes are significant or the piece has to be remade, you may incur additional charges.
Once an item has been finished to the requested specifications, further changes may incur additional charges.
Please note that any customisation of a design will exclude it from our 30 day return policy.
After Sale Service
Villani Jewellers offers a complimentary annual cleaning and inspection service for all our custom-made jewellery. As part of the inspection, we will check the setting of any gemstones to make sure that they are secure.
The following items are not covered by our complimentary annual service:
- Our range of ready-to-wear jewellery.
- Items repaired or modified by someone other than Villani Jewellers.
- Items soldered or joined onto a Villani Jewellers item, even if this work has been carried out by Villani Jewellers.
- Any jewellery with damage caused by the client that prevents us from offering this service.
You are required to make an appointment when dropping off your piece of jewellery at our Boutique.
We usually need you to leave your piece of jewellery with us for 5 to 10 business days for any services. In some limited cases, and at our sole discretion, we will be able to undertake a clean and inspection of your piece over the course of a few hours on the day of your appointment.
Polishing, rhodium plating or repairs to your jewellery will usually require 5 to 10 business days. We will advise you of the cost and timing in advance of carrying out these services.
When you purchase a Villani Jewellers item online valued at more than *Insert $value here*, we will ship your item free of charge. Please note we can only ship to residential or commercial addresses (we do not ship to PO Boxes). A signature will be required upon delivery. If we are shipping to a work address, please note that it is no longer our responsibility once it has been signed for, even if it is someone other than the customer who signs.
All our packages shipped are fully insured up to the point of delivery and are tracked using Australia Post, Toll Priority or Jet Couriers.
The parcel will not feature any Villani Jewellers branding so there is no need to worry about the delivery giving away your big surprise.
When buying online, you have the option to pick up your order from our Boutique. Please be reminded that the person picking up will be required to show the credit card used for the purchase, valid ID and a copy of your order confirmation.
For returns, resizing and annual servicing, where possible, we would strongly recommend bringing your jewellery to us in person. If you do need to ship your item to us, it is important that you contact us beforehand to receive detailed instructions on how to safely ship the item. Please see our Returns and Exchanges Policy.
While we do offer free shipping when delivering your online order, we kindly ask you to cover the shipping charge if returning it to us (for returns, resizing or annual servicing) and please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that it arrives safely at Villani Jewellers. In the unlikely event that the product is faulty or not as ordered, we will reimburse any shipping costs you incur. You will also incur a shipping charge if we need to ship the item back to you.
For any orders shipped internationally, the recipient is responsible for all import duties, customs and sales taxes levied by the receiving / destination country.
Online orders can be paid using PayPal, major Credit Cards and a selected number of “Pay later” services. Online orders are required to be paid in full when placing the order.
In-store orders can be paid using the following payment methods:
- Visa and Mastercard credit cards
- Direct deposits into our bank account (please ask us for details)
- Selected Pay later services
- Lay-by (Please see our Lay-By policy)
For custom or special orders, a deposit of 30%-50% is required and will be advised prior to you making your decision.
Final payment is due on collection, however. All goods remain the property of Villani Jewellers, until payment has been received in full.
Receipt of a direct transfer is not deemed to be payment for goods until the funds have been received into our account. Please allow sufficient time for funds to clear before coming in to pick up your item(s) as we are unable to release the goods until the funds have cleared.
Please take great care when entering our account details for direct transfers. Recovering funds transferred into a wrong account is a difficult, time consuming and costly process. Any payment into a wrong account is not deemed to be payment and the recovery of any funds transferred into a wrong account is the customer’s responsibility.
All Lay-By agreements run for a maximum period of 12 weeks or 3 months (whichever is greater). If the customer fails to maintain the instalments agreed by that period, Villani Jewellers reserves the right to cancel the agreement and resell the item.
Payments may be made through any store nationally and not just through our boutique where you created the Lay-by agreement. Please see our Payment Policy for the methods of payment available.
Confirmation of payment will be issued with each payment made, regardless of the method used. You can request information on the total amount paid and the balance remaining at any time.
No goods can be taken prior to all payments being received. Goods are only to be collected from the boutique. Shipping can be arranged and may incur additional charges.
No alterations for sizing, engraving, etc. can be done until the goods have been paid for in full. Collection of goods will only be allowed with your Lay-By agreement or photographic proof of identity.
Any and all applicable warranties commence from the period of collection and not from the start of the Lay-By.
You are entitled to cancel your Lay-By agreement at any time prior to the collection of the goods. All funds paid, less applicable fees will be reimbursed to you.
All refund amounts are minus the termination fee of $40.00.
Villani Jewellers may cancel the Lay-By agreement if the customer fails to meet the payment schedule and applicable termination fees will apply where you failed to comply with the agreement.
Villani Jewellers also reserves the right to terminate the agreement if they are unable to supply the item, the goods have been deemed to be faulty or they cease to trade. No termination fees will apply where the company has enacted any of these rights.
To source further information regarding your right under any Lay-By agreement, you can locate this on the following websites:
Customers Own Stones
It is possible to use your own gemstone(s) in a custom-made piece of jewellery made by Villani Jewellers. We will need to inspect the stone(s) in person prior to confirming if it can be used, to ensure the condition of the stone(s) is suitable to be set. There may be a surcharge to cover the cost of insurance (against theft and damage) and general admin/handling whilst the stone is in the care of Villani Jewellers.
Whilst breakages are uncommon, diamond crystals and Gemstones can break under enough pressure. Our jewellers will advise you if your gemstone or diamond presents any increased risk and will recommend the safest setting style for your stone. It must be understood, however, that Villani Jewellers cannot guarantee that damage will not occur, and it is the responsibility of the customer to decide if resetting the stone is worth the risk involved. This should be taken into account with particularly fragile stones (anything that is not a diamond or sapphire) or stones of sentimental value.
Villani Jewellers takes the greatest care in the handling of customer’s own stones, but it is not responsible for any colour change of stones that are heat treated, radiation treated, or fracture filled, etc. In the case of any other damage, Villani Jewellers may offer a replacement stone (if a similar stone can be sourced) or to have the stone recut. Whilst every effort will be made to replace a damaged stone with something of an equivalent size and quality, we will always be limited by what material is available in the market (this is particularly relevant for rare shapes, sizes, colours and cuts). If a replacement stone is offered, the damaged stone will become the property of Villani Jewellers.
Gift Certificate Policy
In line with the South Australian Fair Trading Act of 1987, any Gift Certificate purchases expire three (3) years from the date of purchase.
Villani Jewellers Gift Certificates can be issued in electronic or physical form.
Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash or travellers cheques and are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
Villani Jewellers shall not be responsible if your Gift Certificate is lost, stolen or damaged.
Gift Certificates are partially redeemable but no change will be given.
Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited at the time of expiry and should be used in full by this time.
If the cost of the purchase exceeds the Gift Certificate balance, the Gift Certificate holder will be required to make up the difference with an alternative form of payment.
Villani Jewellers makes all reasonable efforts to display the products listed for sale on its website as accurately as possible. However, the computer monitor you use will affect the colours that you see on your screen. Villani Jewellers cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any product colour, texture or detail will be accurate.
In addition, Villani Jewellers does not warrant that product descriptions or other content are accurate, complete, current or error free. While Villani Jewellers makes every effort to ensure that our products are described and priced accurately, in the event an item is deemed to be priced incorrectly, Villani Jewellers reserves the right to refuse the sale of that item. If the pricing error is discovered after payment has been made, Villani Jewellers reserves the right to cancel the sale and refund the transaction in full. If a product offered by Villani Jewellers is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
Any items which remain in our possession after Completion with no arrangements for collection will be deemed abandoned after the specified period of time as outlined by the Unclaimed Goods Act 1987 (SA) and any updated regulations.
Villani Jewellers may make changes to our policies from time to time for any reason. Any updated version of our policies will be effective from the date of posting on our website.
Our commitment to your privacy
What personal information do we collect and hold?
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect that information in various ways, including when you: (1) access or use our website; (2) speak with one of our employees, either in a store or by telephone; (3) complete an enquiry form online or in store; (4) order products from us; (5) contact us for information; (6) require a refund or exchange; (7) participate in surveys or promotions; (8) submit a job application or accept employment with us. II. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen: (1) we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all; (2) we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or (3) we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Using personal information
- We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide quality customer service. II. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes: (1) to complete sales transactions; (2) to deal with queries or customer service issues. We may also keep information on your communications with our team through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System; (3) to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events and promotions that we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels; (4) to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors; (5) for the administrative, marketing, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Villani Jewellers Pty Ltd; (6) for training, employment or employment application purposes; (7) to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and (8) to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority. III. We may send you marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us, or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Disclosing personal information
- We only send or disclose your personal information to third party organisations when: (1) we have your consent to share your information; (2) we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested; (3) we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information. II. We may disclose your personal information to our employees or contractors for the purposes of operating our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you. Examples of the third party service providers that we disclose your personal information to include, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants and solicitors.
- Villani Jewellers Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Villani Jewellers Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring the security of personal information and will take reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. II. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or where we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
Access and correction
- You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see contact details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). II. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal. III. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
- If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. II. We will treat your complaint confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Villani Jewellers Head Office 392 Henley Beach Road, Lockleys SA 5032